Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Siren Named Marie

A Siren Named Marie

On the open blue sea, you could see me,
On a ship that would rock and sway.
The sails were down, and without a sound,
I happily drifted away.

Then one night, a flashing light,
A storm was headed my way.
The waves would pound; I thought I might drown,
So I cut the sails away.

The swells were large and would toss the barge,
It gave me quite a fright.
I tossed and turned, my lantern burned,
The ship made it through the night.

Then the dawn came, with the Sun’s burning flame,
A gull landed on the stern.
He said, “Hey Jack, ye best turn back,
Or else dinner, a siren would earn.”

But I take no heed, I am brave indeed,
And I sail on my merry way.
I had no desire, to halt and retire,
From the words that a seagull would say.

That afternoon, I heard a soft tune,
It was coming from the shore ahead.
The ship made a thud, as it hit the mud,
And laid in it’s watery bed.

I came to a lagoon, with my harpoon,
It slung over my shoulder.
And there she lay, at the edge of the bay,
Resting neatly on a boulder.

Her hair shimmered, and her eyes glimmered,
She was the most beautiful being.
With a seductive stare, she twirled her hair,
And laid on the rock just singing.

When we met eyes, she opened her thighs,
I dropped my weapon to my side.
I thought to myself, I would give the world’s wealth,
To make this creature my bride.

That night she… devoured me,
Spit my bones to the sea.
I was unaware of the sailor’s nightmare,
A siren, named Marie.

I came back in full, as a gull,
I landed on a ships stern.
I said, “hey Jack, ye best turn back,
Or else dinner, a siren would earn.”

No comments: